[governance] Is really Bulgarian Cyrillic .бг (.bg) similar to other Latin ccTLDs?

nhklein nhklein at gmx.net
Sat Nov 5 21:36:14 EDT 2011

On 11/06/2011 12:53 AM, Paul Lehto wrote:

> To the extent possible, a statement regarding "mutual mistake of fact"
> is usually grounds to get out of a contract or deal or understanding,
> and into a new process or negotiation.   It also allows both parties
> to save face, in that both have made a mistake.  I am not familiar
> enough with the details of the communications and its history to know
> if this would possibly apply or not, but if there is some basis for
> it, I'd advocate serious consideration of making mutual mistake an
> element of a letter urging reconsideration of this (non)decision.
>
> Paul Lehto, J.D.

Could somebody please point out where "both [parties] have made a mistake"?

In the absence of such mistakes by both parties, I do not consider this
as a challenge for face-saving, but for rectifying a situation where a
national community with its own cultural-script history of more than
1000 years (and 2000 for Greek - in case the Greek representatives made
a mistake) is trying to get its own position accepted. The fact that, by
now, a lot of other voices consider the expert's opinion not to have
been appropriate (while it may have been appropriate on their own
decisions according to their own, not public detailed procedures without
appeal possibilities), is an addition line of reasons to do justice to
the Bulgarian request.

Norbert Klein

--
A while ago, I started a new blog:

...thinking it over... after 21 years in Cambodia
http://www.thinking21.org/

continuing to share reports and comments from Cambodia.

Norbert Klein
nhklein at gmx.net
Phnom Penh / Cambodia

     governance at lists.cpsr.org