[governance] Is really Bulgarian Cyrillic .бг (.bg) similar to other Latin ccTLDs?

Paul Lehto lehto.paul at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 19:14:40 EDT 2011

2011/11/5 Lee W McKnight <lmcknigh at syr.edu>

> And disagree with all due respect, with Paul that there is any point at
> trying to get a he said-she said apology process going.

When I spoke of the mere possibility of a "mutual mistake" approach as just
one prong or part of an overall letter or approach, I admitted I don't know
the facts.  I'm totally fine with the rejection of my suggestion, as indeed
if I knew all the facts and was helping form a decision, I might well agree
that there's no room to argue "mutual mistake."

That being said, the "consensus" (ha) seems to be that something is amiss.

Whether or not it is even true that something is wrong in this application
process, there seem to be only a few general classes of possible responses:
(1)  if one is not happy with a course of action, one can suggest something
is wrong *to some extent on both sides* (for example, a mutual mistake) and
this class of approaches is usually easier to accept) or else (2) that
something is wrong *on only one side* (which is usually harder for the
other side to accept), or (3) that there has been a *miscommunication*,
which is a distinct from, but still a little bit like mutual mistake in
that there's a two-sided problem, with part being inarticulate speech of at
least one percent and the other being unclear understanding of at least 1%
on the other side.   Mutual mistake is just one example of the (1) class,
and tends to suggest that there is either no fault on either side (yet
cause for change nonetheless), or that the fault is shared about equally,
and there is still cause for change.

I freely admit the above oversimplifies, but still the point stands: one
may blame only the other side (however diplomatically) or one may somehow
share at least a little blame, such as with a mutual mistake approach.
(Miscommunication often being a blame avoidance, in effect).  It's usually
more effective, but often does not apply, to take a blame-sharing approach
of some type, or a blame free approach.  Few people like to be blamed
alone.  :)

Good luck on this effort.  I'm too ill-informed of the particulars, I
think, to be of any more relevance on this particular thread, unless
something knew comes up.

Paul Lehto, Juris Doctor
--
Paul R Lehto, J.D.