[governance] Is really Bulgarian Cyrillic .бг (.bg) similar to other Latin ccTLDs?

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sat Nov 5 10:54:22 EDT 2011

Hi,

I think this is a good idea.  If we can create an IGC consensus letter that

a. discusses this issue
b. asks for a transparent review of the issue
c. asks for a general process by which any ICANN Staff decision on string confusability have a method for transparent review and appeal.

I do not think we need to recommend a solution, but we might recommend policy considerations consistent with the Affirmation of Commitments that would govern such a review and apeal.

We might also want to copy the leadership of ALAC when the letter is sent asking for their support of such an appeal mechanism.

avri

     governance at lists.cpsr.org