[governance] Is really Bulgarian Cyrillic .бг (.bg) similar to other Latin ccTLDs?

nhklein nhklein at gmx.net
Fri Nov 4 10:36:19 EDT 2011

On 11/04/2011 02:16 PM, Daniel Kalchev wrote:
> On 03.11.11 18:31, Paul Lehto wrote:
>> It would seem that there either is, or should be, a process to "call
>> the question" as they say in parliamentary procedure.  If not, a
>> motion can be made for a decision, or a letter sent citing undue
>> delay and calling for a decision (with or without additional
>> clarifying expertise appended to it). A person familiar with whatever
>> exists in terms of procedure can recommend the best format or vehicle
>> for forcing a decision.
>>
> There is no formal process to question the outcome of the IDN Fast
> Track applications. By definition, the only possible communication is
> between ICANN "staff" (whatever that means) and the original
> applicant. Ironically, even that country's Government does not have
> formal way to communicate with ICANN on the matter.
>
> Nevertheless, we are exploring every available possibility for some 18
> months now,...

Having observed this process, going around in a closed circuit course
with no formal process of appeal, and therefore no way out, I had written:

= =
When the "rules" do not provide a satisfying solution and the applicant
feels being handled unjustly, there is only one way: that a sufficiently
concerned group of people take the initiative to change the "rules" -
that is to propose to the ICANN board to institute an open appeal
process, where not only ophthalmologic questions are discussed, but also
the more fundamental problem: whether a technical group appointed by
ICANN can override arguments of a fundamental nature - like that the
people of a script community have an appropriate weight with their own
arguments rooted in their linguistic and script tradition.
= =

What is wrong with this?

Norbert Klein

--

A while ago, I started a new blog:

...thinking it over... after 21 years in Cambodia
http://www.thinking21.org/

continuing to share reports and comments from Cambodia.

Norbert Klein
nhklein at gmx.net
Phnom Penh / Cambodia

     governance at lists.cpsr.org