[governance] Is really Bulgarian Cyrillic .бг (.bg) similar to other Latin ccTLDs?

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Wed Nov 2 22:33:32 EDT 2011

On Nov 2, 2011, at 9:51 PM, nhklein wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am happy that his issue comes now up here. As you know following the thread back, it is an old issue, but when the conflict arose, not many people got involved - and the Bulgarian applicant was in a way left alone (there is no clear, appropriate ICANN appeal process, as far as I know).
>
> The ophthalmologic discussion is maybe interesting - or tragic-funny, but what is needed is to go beyond: the issue is not settled! A technically powerful body in ICANN can decide and override the broadly based decision of the Bulgarian people concerned and involved in an IDN problem.
>
> How can this be brought to a solution? GNSO? Who can take a "procedurally correct and efficient" initiative? And if possible soon - as it has been dragging on already very long.

If I felt that ICANN had made a decision without full consideration
of the relevant material information, I'd chat with their Ombudsman
to review the possible next steps in getting it corrected:

    <http://www.icann.org/en/general/accountability_review.html>

I have no idea if that's called for in this particular situation,
but there does seem to be some very clear processes documented for
handling such situations.

FYI,
     governance at lists.cpsr.org