[governance] Is really Bulgarian Cyrillic .бг (.bg) similar to other Latin ccTLDs?

nhklein nhklein at gmx.net
Wed Nov 2 21:51:39 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I am happy that his issue comes now up here. As you know following the
thread back, it is an old issue, but when the conflict arose, not many
people got involved - and the Bulgarian applicant was in a way left
alone (there is no clear, appropriate ICANN appeal process, as far as I
know).

The ophthalmologic discussion is maybe interesting - or tragic-funny,
but what is needed is to go beyond: the issue is not settled! A
technically powerful body in ICANN can decide and override the broadly
based decision of the Bulgarian people concerned and involved in an IDN
problem.

How can this be brought to a solution? GNSO? Who can take a
"procedurally correct and efficient" initiative? And if possible soon -
as it has been dragging on already very long.

Norbert Klein
(a resident in the Bulgarian Embassy Apartment in Phnom Penh/Cambodia)

= =

--
A while ago, I started a new blog:

...thinking it over... after 21 years in Cambodia
http://www.thinking21.org/

continuing to share reports and comments from Cambodia.

Norbert Klein
nhklein at gmx.net
Phnom Penh / Cambodia

     governance at lists.cpsr.org