[governance] CSTD WG Day 3 (1)

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Wed Nov 2 07:07:54 EDT 2011

This morning, the climate is getting more cloudy than before.
Some of the documents produced by Secretariat and members
on points A and B last night were not well accepted by some other members.

After rounds of exchanges of comments around working procedure
of the WG, we are now talking about the MAG composition, functions,
etc. in substantive ways.

The Chair also indicated that the second meeting of this CSTD WG will
be January 11-13.

There will be additional third WG meeting back to back to IGF Open
consultation in
February, likely. Yet that date is not fixed, and  there are comments
among WG members
that we better TRY hard to conclude the work at the 2nd meeting,
provided we better
use online exchanges in between physical meetings. It was suggested to
evaluate the
progress at the beginning of the January meeting to decide if we
really need the third
meeting or not.

I have to leave for airport around 1 pm and thus will not be able to report the
afternoon session. Sorry about that.

izumi
     governance at lists.cpsr.org