[governance] Cyber Security 2011

Andrea Glorioso andrea at digitalpolicy.it
Tue Nov 1 11:43:38 EDT 2011

Norbert,

I am not sure I understand the question and, as I mentioned, the European
Commission was not involved on organizing this conference.

I guess the UK are taking the lead this year and other countries will do so
in 2012 and 2013.. Nothing strange.

Best,

Andrea

On Tuesday, November 1, 2011, nhklein <nhklein at gmx.net> wrote:
> On 11/01/2011 09:06 PM, Andrea Glorioso wrote:
>>
>> Hi Sala,
>>
>> It's always better to specify. :)
>>
>> I believe most documents are being uploaded on the conference website
(see http://www.fco.gov.uk/). I must say that in my view the organizers
have made real efforts to facilitate remote participation. I also don't
agree that they tried to keep the conference "secret", as someone said.

>> FYI, it looks like Hungary will host the 2012 edition of the conference
and Korea (I assume South :) will do it in 2013.

>> Best,
>>
>> Andrea
>
> Please help me to understand: the "London Conference on Cyberspace" is
announced on the website of the UK's "Foreign and Commonwealth Office" -
what nature of conference is it, if a 2012 "edition" will be hosted by
Hungary in 2012 and another one 2013 in Korea?