[governance] IGF plus IGC + only members list.

Katitza Rodriguez katitza at eff.org
Sun May 22 13:53:13 EDT 2011

Hi there,

On 5/22/11 7:38 PM, Avri Doria wrote:
> The IGC functions well as a place where a diverse group of CS leaning stakeholder groups and individuals (as well as observers) comes together to do some things, like present candidate lists etc and make generic pro CS statements.  To do anything serious, it must be done by coherent advocacy groups like APC or IT for Change and others, with the IGC serving as a clearinghouse for coordination when coordination is necessary or possible.  I do not think we can ever expect the IGC to be the action oriented group.  In a sense it is a multi-substakeholder group for Civil Society where various CS trends meet and find their common ground. But it seems the real advocacy emphasis has to come from other more focused groups.

I am happy with this answer and addressed my concerns. It was quite
important to have it clear since I was elected by the IGC.

Many thanks,

--
Katitza Rodriguez
International Rights Director
katitza at eff.org
katitza at datos-personales.org (personal email)

Please support EFF - Working to protect your digital rights and freedom of speech since 1990

     governance at lists.cpsr.org