[governance] IGF plus IGC + only members list.

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Sun May 22 13:49:05 EDT 2011

My apologies, lots of typos at 5:44am, this is what I meant to say:

I think that if we advocate the mutistakeholder, then we should work in
> collaboration. If we start segregating the list, the reality is in the
> developing world, there are those who will be marginalsed eg. there are people who wear many hats because there are not enough people debating the issues or addressing the problems
> in policy etc.

I think down the track that the very people you were trying to protect
will end up being marginalised. This is not a desirable outcome. If
the
 multistakeholder process is to be championed within the internet
governance debate, it becomes critical to champion/advocate the
multistakeholder process.

> Without a doubt, one of the challenges is navigating through the political dynamics and finding a forum and platform in which our issues can be raised. That is a challenge that together as an
> integrated group we can collaborate to discuss.
>
> There is an off-chance, that there may be elements (could be a person or an organisation) that do not share the multistakeholder process and it signals to me that they have not fully bought into the multistakeholder process and perhaps some kind of outreach can be organised. This is something that can be fielded to the IGC coordinators to watch for and strategically as a Caucus, create mechanisms even within this list to encourage people to work together.

If it does not work here, we cannot export the model. These are my
personal opinions and do not represent the opinion of any of my
affiliations.

> Sala

     governance at lists.cpsr.org