[governance] IGF plus IGC + only members list.

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sun May 22 11:17:04 EDT 2011

On Sunday 22 May 2011 02:02 PM, Jeanette Hofmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we've had this discussion about different lists countless times
> before. Fortunately, I think, there was never a majority for those who
> argued in favor of differentiating between IGF as an open
> multistakeholder platform and IGC as a civil society advocacy
> organization.
Jeanette,

I did not understand what would you mean by non-differentiating between
"IGF as an open multistakeholder platform and IGC as a civil society
advocacy organization". Are the two not very different kinds of
institutions?

And our charter clearly poses IGC as a civil society advocate
organisation. That is what we are supposed to be, if we are not very
ably that at the moment.

parminder