[governance] remote paticipation via standardized protocols (was Re: Open consultations)

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Thu May 19 03:59:34 EDT 2011

Roland Perry <roland at internetpolicyagency.com> wrote:
> If things change, other solutions might be preferable, but this one
> works, now, and we should embrace it.

Wishful thinking and denying that a problem exists does not
help someone for whom this "solution" does not work (like it
is the case for me, with a rather ordinary Ubuntu setup with
Adobe flash installed from the "Canonical partner repository",
so according to Roland's assertions the "solution" should
work, but in my actual experience that is not the case.)

Wishful thinking and denying that a problem exists also does
not help to address the fundamental internet governance problem
that --because of the insufficient emphasis on strictly open
standards in key communication related areas-- there is strong
socioeconomic pressure to avoid using e.g. GNU/Linux.

Greetings,
Norbert
     governance at lists.cpsr.org