[governance] Re: remote paticipation via standardized protocols (was Re: Open consultations)

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at internatif.org
Wed May 18 11:10:09 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 03:18:56PM +0100,
 Roland Perry <roland at internetpolicyagency.com> wrote
 a message of 34 lines which said:

> If you want to exercise some central and dogmatic control of which
> applications people are allowed to use on the Internet, I would have
> expected a caucus such as IGC would be the last place you'd find
> people agreeing.

Incredibly poor and insulting reply. I think it is obvious that no one
asked for that, but for the ability for people to use a standard
protocol, instead of having to use a proprietary
application. Internally, ITU can use what it wants but, for a public
event, we should not have to explain to a standard development
organization the point of standards!
     governance at lists.cpsr.org