[governance] Open consultations

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Wed May 18 09:19:14 EDT 2011

In message <BANLkTikK-g01aZt3wCJ0peCDGosQz9rE-g at mail.gmail.com>, at
08:34:47 on Wed, 18 May 2011, Marilia Maciel <mariliamaciel at gmail.com>
writes
>I also asked the secretariat to update the list of formal MAG members,
>because ppl have left the MAG, and we need to know who's in and who's
>out. I also asked for clarification on status of choosing a chair and
>an executive. They said that the UN needs to open the position and they
>have not done so yet. There was criticism about that from the floor,
>specially from the UK government

I was interested in the response that the IGF Chair is the same person
as the Secretary General's Special Advisor for IG. Therefore it's a
bigger role which needs to be recruited for here. But without a chair to
"advise" is a "MAG meeting" a misnomer?

Do you think the UN will be able to appoint a new Executive
Co-ordinator, before the CSTD reports on possible reform, including new
ways to organise/fund the IGF? In theory the CSTD could recommend that
the role is changed (for example, how quickly we seem to have forgotten
the potential relocation of the secretariat to New York), although we
know it's unlikely to be making concrete recommendations in the near
future.
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org