[governance] Results of consensus call on Sarkozy letter

Valeria Betancourt valeriab at apc.org
Fri May 13 09:50:02 EDT 2011

Thanks for the clarification, Parminder.  You are right. The intention
was to express support to the letter as members of the IGC.

Valeria

On 13/05/2011, at 8:41, parminder wrote:

> On Friday 13 May 2011 07:02 PM, Valeria Betancourt wrote:
>>
>> Dear Parminder,
>>
>> In my case, I have reviewed the letter, share the concern it raises
>> and agree with the request made. I support it. Otherwise, I would
>> have not endorsed it.
>>
>> Valeria
>
> Dear Valeria,
>
> I never meant otherwise. You of course would have properly
> considered your endorsement. However, Jeremy responded to your
> endorsement email by saying that we are not taking individual co-
> signatories for the letter, and I wrote that I dont think you and
> others who came in with support after the poll was closed really
> want their names to be 'separately mentioned' as co-signatories (pl
> see Jeremy's eamil below) and were only expressing support as
> members of IGC. And this is because they may not have got time to
> vote within the allowed time period. I hope the misunderstanding is
> cleared now. parminder
>

>> On 13/05/2011, at 8:21, parminder wrote:
>>
>>> I understand that Valeria and others are just expressing support
>>> for the proposed letter, since they may have not been able to vote
>>> within the given time. And I think it is good to hear about more
>>> support than may have been listed in the poll.
>>>
>>> I also think it is useful to give people a 24 hour warning of
>>> closing a poll. People often vote on the last warning :) .parminder

>>> --
>>>
>>> Parminder Jeet Singh
>>> Executive Director
>>> IT for Change
>>> NGO in Special Consultative Status with the United Nations ECOSOC
>>> www.ITforChange.net
>>> Tel:+91-80-2665 4134, 2653 6890. Fax:+91-80-4146 1055
>>> <itfc_logo.png>

>>>     http://www.igcaucus.org/

> Parminder Jeet Singh
> Executive Director
> IT for Change
> NGO in Special Consultative Status with the United Nations ECOSOC
> www.ITforChange.net
> Tel:+91-80-2665 4134, 2653 6890. Fax:+91-80-4146 1055
> <itfc_logo.png>

>     http://www.igcaucus.org/

Valeria Betancourt
Directora / Manager
Programa de Políticas de Information y Comunicación / Communication
and Information Policy Programme
Asociación para el Progreso de las Comunicaciones / Association for
Progressive Communications, APC
http://www.apc.org