[governance] Results of consensus call on Sarkozy letter

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Fri May 13 03:19:37 EDT 2011

It is about 48 hours since the consensus call on the letter to President
Sarkozy was made, and so far 62 of 63 unique respondents have answered
affirmatively, with the other respondent abstaining.  The final
statement is now at
http://www.igcaucus.org/open-letter-president-sarkozy-eg8-meeting-plan,
in identical form to the version on which the poll was called, save for
a punctuation correction.

Therefore, we can consider the Caucus in favour of this statement, which
should now be translated and disseminated.  I will liaise with Divina
about that, and with anyone else who has contacts that would be useful
for its dissemination.

For interest and transparency, the details of those who participated in
the poll are below.  However, the letter as usual goes out under the
IGC's name as a collective, without individual signatures.  Having said
that, I suggest - unless anyone objects - we also open it up to
signature by other civil society groups, which signatures can be
collected while the translation is in progress.

Finally and on a different note, we have recently had an influx of new
members of this list, presumably in anticipation of the 2011 IGF
meeting.  Welcome!

In favour (one double-voter deleted):

Adam Peake
Alain Ilunga
Alan Alegre
Anja Kovacs
Antoine Kantiza
Avri Doria
Baudouin Schombe
Carolina Aguerre
Charity Gamboa-Embley
Daniel Oppermann
Daniel Pimienta
Deirdre Williams
D Graziano
Dixie Hawtin
Eleanna Kafeza
Fatima Cambronero
Fouad Bajwa
Ginger Paque
Gorka Orueta
Grace Githaiga
Graciela Selaimen
Gurumurthy Kasinathan
Hakikur Rahman
Hanane Boujemi
Hindenburgo Pires
Hong Xue
Ian Peter
Iliya Bazlyankov
Imran Ahmed Shah
Izumi Aizu
Jacob Odame
Jamil Goheer
Jeanette Hofmann
Jean-Yves Gatete
Jeremy Hunsinger
Jeremy Malcolm
Julián Casasbuenas G
Karim Attoumani Mohamed
Lorena Jaume-Palasi
Louis Pouzin
Lyman Chapin
Marie Georges
Milda Wolf
Milton L. Mueller
Mohamed Tijani Ben Jemaa
Mohamed Zahran
Monique Chartrand
Naveed Haq
Norbert Bollow
Olivier Crepin-Leblond
Omar Kaminski
Parminder Jeet Singh
Paul Lehto
Ray Plzak
Reileen Dulay
Ricardo Patara
Roger Clarke
Rudi Vansnick
Sivasubramanian Muthusamy
Sylvia Caras
Tracey Naughton
William Drake

Abstaining:

David Allen

--

*Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Project Coordinator*

*Empowering Tomorrow's Consumers
CI World Congress, 3-6 May 2011, Hong Kong*

Businesses, governments and civil society are invited to join consumer
groups from around the world for four days of debate and discussion on
the issues that matter most to consumers. Register now!
_http://www.consumersinternational.org/congress_

Read our email confidentiality notice
<http://www.consumersinternational.org/email-confidentiality>. Don't
print this email unless necessary.