And G20? Re: [governance] Internet G8 meeting

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Wed May 11 10:47:21 EDT 2011

Thanks for this very interesting and useful information, Maryem.It is
troubling to notice how the financial crisis has been the reason (or the
perfect excuse) for some governments to fall definately into the arms of the
business sector. This promiscuity we are watnessing is highly questionable
from a moral and from a democratic perspective.

The good thing about it is that the masks are starting to fall and we see
their contradictory positions. It has always been disturbing to me, for
instance, to watch some European governments paying lip service to
principles, such as access to knowledge and information in the IGF, and see
how they behave in WIPO, totally coopted by the copyright industry of their
countries.

Marília