AW: [governance] Internet G8 meeting

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Thu May 5 04:28:17 EDT 2011

On Thu, 05 May 2011 14:43:18 +0700, Norbert Klein  wrote:  Thanks to
Wolfgang for this substantial report of history.

 And thanks to Parminder
for drawing the correct conclusion: Nobody else will do it, speak up and
remind those who forget the history in this case, if Civil Society does not
speak up, reminding the (present representatives of governments) that their
predecessors achieved great things which they seem to forget.

 How is this
going to be organized? The major elements are in Wolfgang's write-up; it
has to be mad short, focused on what what at the UN General Assembly
setting the WSIS process on the way as multi-stakeholder, and the Tunis
commitments also BY THE GOVERNMENTS PRESENT to the multi-stakeholder
approach. And add some achievements since (which?).

There seems to be
agreement that the IGC should respond (and I concur with this). I would
like to invite Wolfgang or Parminder to volunteer to write a first draft.
If they do not have time, I should be able to put something together as a
draft based on their contributions to the list.

   --

Dr Jeremy
Malcolm

Empowering Tomorrow's Consumers
 CI World Congress, 3-6 May 2011, Hong
Kong

Businesses, governments and civil society are invited to join
consumer groups from around the world for four days of debate and
discussion on the issues that matter most to consumers. Register
now!
http://www.consumersinternational.org/congress [1]

Read our  email
confidentiality notice [2]. Don't print this email unless necessary.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.consumersinternational.org/congress
[2]