[governance] Help from MAG colleagues

Paul Lehto lehto.paul at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 21:31:13 EDT 2011

Section 21(3) -- which you quote below -- is an adequate definition of
democracy.  Every valuable right is (nearly) everywhere violated to
some varying extent, for the very reason that it has value.  Just like
every form of money is apt to be stolen, the right to democracy or
rule by the people (which is power itself) is apt to be stolen because
power is attractive like money is.

Shortfalls in democracy on the internet or around the world are simply
violations of 21(3) and similar provisions, and such violations say
absolutely nothing to prove the non-existence of a right to democracy.

Put another way, if the only way to prove a right were to show that it
was universally accepted and enforced, the entire concept of rights
would be rendered useless because only things that governments had no
desire to take from their people in the first place would be "rights"
that were safe and free from interference.

Paul R Lehto, J.D.

--
Paul R Lehto, J.D.
P.O. Box 1