[governance] my humble proposal to add one para

Izumi AIZU aizu at anr.org
Fri Mar 25 11:21:32 EDT 2011

At this point, I am sort of backing off, I mean the level of discussion now
ongoing is not conducive to bring in new points without having good amount
of time left.

We could a) propose to form a workshop around this subject, and also
b) make comments after the CSTD WG report is published, with May
open consultation in mind.

I also see there are different aspects between developing and developed
countries, BUT, in Japan, some of the areas most severely damaged
are far less developed parts of the country, something in common
with developing countries, at least to some degree.
That's why I put
"the developing parts of the globe and the people" instead of
"developing countries".

But in any case thanks a lot for your support and considerations.

izumi

2011/3/25 michael gurstein <gurstein at gmail.com>:
> One observation that I'ld to make, based on the earlier discussions re:
> Japan with Izumi and all is that if/when a disaster occurs in a Developed
> Country it will have significantly different impacts and also require
> significantly different responses (particularly in ICT areas) from those
> that have (now) been developed for LDC's.  I'm going into this in some more
> detail in the blogpost I'll be trying to get out later today but I think
> this distinction should be noted and will likely have ripple effects into
> the role/response of Internet Governance as well.

> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Lee W McKnight <lmcknigh at syr.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Hey you're there, we're remote kibbitzers, so up to you how to play.
>>
>> But you are talking about a specific category of issues...ie Internet
>> governance in- crises? Natural disasters? Which is distinct from - day to
>> day Internet governance.
>>
>> And major aspect in those contexts is - coordination, or lack thereof,
>> across civil society, business and government, albeit tech community and
>> civil society are doing things...like the crisis commons example.

                                  Japan
                                 * * * * *
     governance at lists.cpsr.org