[governance] CSTD WG on IGF meeting started

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Fri Mar 25 11:11:47 EDT 2011

After lunch, we are finally starting to discuss with the draft para by para,
though there are strong concerns if we could conclude the 6 page+
document by 6 pm.

The tension came back when India made a proposal to add the following
para, opposed by a few delegations, the Chair proposed to delete as there
seem to be no consensus, but then the other side joined to emphasis
its importance, then it is left in bracket.

India proposed 7bis:
[As recognized by the Tunis Agenda and UN GA resolution of 22 November
2010, the IGF and enhanced cooperation are two distinct processes. The
IGF as a unique, multi-stakeholder forum should provide its valuable
inputs to the ongoing dialogue on global Internet governance, and feed
its insight into any mechanism setup to operationalise enhanced
cooperation in the future.]

The Chair is now checking if there are problems, if so, it is put into
brackets and
ask us to resolve during coffee brake.

----
     governance at lists.cpsr.org