[governance] [lack of] Net Neutrality for Mobile Internet in different shapes and forms?

Louis Pouzin (well) pouzin at well.com
Mon Mar 21 20:52:51 EDT 2011

What's New @ IEEE-USA - Eye On Washington
Vol. 2011, No. 4 (18 March 2011)
http://ieeeusa.org/policy/eyeonwashington/2011/04eow2011.asp

FCC bill stalled.

Disapproval Resolution for 'Net Neutrality' Rules Advances Out of House
Energy & Commerce Committee
. . .
"the Committee approved a resolution of disapproval (H J Res
37<http://www.cq.com/bill/112/HJRES37>)
that turns back rules adopted by the FCC in December
2010<http://republicans.energycommerce.house.gov/Media/file/Hearings/Telecom/030911/MarkupMemo.pdf>barring
fixed broadband service providers from blocking content and
unnecessarily discriminating in transmitting network traffic."
. . .
The resolution gives broadband service providers a "green light to block
from consumers any applications, content and services they choose to block,"
said Edward J. Markey ( D-Mass.). "I am not saying that all providers will
do this, but some certainly will."

WHAT NEXT ?
- - -