[governance] Netherlands Law Blocking Skype (Request for Assistance)

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 17:45:06 EDT 2011

Dear Peter and others,

I tried going through WorldLII again and ended up here:
http://www.ivir.nl/legislation/telecom/netherlands.html

I noticed that the unofficial translation was dated 15th June and refers to
what was proposed. I am not certain whether the entire proposal was passed.
Sadly I only know one "Dutch"phrase and for the life of me can't read Dutch
although I wish I could. I will try and send an email to the person who
translated it to ask whether they have officially translated the actual law.

I would also like to see the Telecommunications Act and its subsequent
amendment. I can easily pull the Constitution and do my own reading and
analysis. It would also be good to know whether the operators are
contemplating a Judicial Review of the changes.

From quickly browsing through the unofficial translation, there are many
interesting (juicy) bits and it is interesting to see the correlation
between the Special Rapporteur's Submission to the Human Rights Council on
Access particularly in terms of the "religious filtering".

Warm Regards from Fiji,

Sala