Fw: [governance] Netherlands Law Blocking Skype (Request for Assistance)

Imran Ahmed Shah ias_pk at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 29 06:14:51 EDT 2011

Yes, I think Salanieta, miss understood the information, the term in the
statement is illegal and not the legal.

http://www.out-law.com/page-12024
The new law would make it illegalto stop subscribers using technology such as
internet phone call service Skype. The lower house of the Dutch parliament
passed the law which bans networks from blocking or charging for rival
communications services on Tuesday, according to the New York Times.

However, "ISPs, such as Vodafone, T-Mobile and the former Dutch state-owned
telecoms company KPN had opposed the introduction of the new law in The
Netherlands, a report by the BBC said. The new law was developed after KPN said
it was to charge customers extra for using Skype and WhatsApp, a text messaging
service, the BBC report said."

Thanks

Imran Ahmed Shah