Quo Vadis IPv6 - Was: Re: [governance] IPv4 - IPv6 incompatiblity (was Re: Towards Singapore)

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Jun 17 03:03:31 EDT 2011

On Friday 17 June 2011 12:23 PM, Paul Wilson wrote:
> Parminder,
>
> Has anyone actually demonstrated that "something went wrong with the
> Internet" in this particular regard?

Dear Paul,

If the particular regard you refer to is 'IPv4 - v6' related, that is
not what my detailed comments are about at all. My comments are about
the Internet overall, as it was supposed to be, and things it was hoped
it will do. The erosion of the end to end principle was taken as a point
of departure in this regard. So well yes, the subject line may be
confusing for such a discussion. and I would change it if this
particular discussion of 'where the Internet is headed overall' does
proceed further.

Regards, parminder