[governance] Re: The Internet (as we know it) can never be "private"

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 16:24:19 EDT 2011

This is interesting Paul. I am not taking sides but am throwing these
thoughts in for general discussion.

Consider the analogy of roads. highways and border controls mechanisms such
as Customs etc. Who determines the roads and highways that gets built? Who
pays for it?

There are all kinds of roads - public and private. Are tolls collected on
some roads? Why are they collected?

Can anyone be allowed to drive through the roads or should there be some
sort of rules? Who decides the rules and why?

Are there aspects which are public and private? Are these justified?

--
Sala

"Stillness in the midst of the noise".