[governance] FW: TP: city government exercising policy on Google Applications / consumer rights / Consumer Protection Act / trial period

Sonigitu Ekpe soekpe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 15:59:27 EDT 2011

Great point. Government to take veiw  regulations in terms of technicality
than policy aspect.

I strongly support Avri inputs.

Warm wishes.

Sea.

On 12 Jul 2011 20:33, "Avri Doria" <avri at ella.com> wrote:

On 12 Jul 2011, at 13:36, michael gurstein wrote:

> I sent it along as an example of the kind of d...
I have been reading this exchange with interest.

Lately I have been looking at government control of the Internet, not so
much from a normative view as from a circumvention point of view.  As
governments put up all sorts of barriers and filters and 'kill-switchs' and
such (helped by their handmaidens in industry - though sometimes it is tough
to know who is the handmaiden and who is the mistress), how hard it is to
circumvent government control has become a key issue for me.  It is an
interesting test of the Internet and its design as non-disruptable
communications medium to see what efforts need to be taken to insure
connectivity in the face of government policies of disruption. I admit that
this is more a technical concern than a policy concern, but it has become
interesting to view government's role/repsonsiblity in the Internet from
that perspective.

a.

------
Pick your poison: Kool-Aid or Hemlock!