[governance] FW: TP: city government exercising policy on Google Applications / consumer rights / Consumer Protection Act / trial period

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 07:03:12 EDT 2011

On reflection I think that the rather more interesting issue is
jurisdiction.  Do municipal statutes have jurisdiction over non-local global
corporations with only a virtual presence/assets locally i.e. can a
municipal tax apply to virtually supplied electronic apps for example?

The activity pointed to in Taipei (and even Roland's commentary below) seem
to suggest that it does.  If that is the case then these are interesting
times indeed.