[governance] [Fwd: The Not-So-Neutral Net]

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Mon Jan 31 07:18:21 EST 2011

In message <4D4697B7.5060207 at itforchange.net>, at 16:36:31 on Mon, 31
Jan 2011, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> writes

> Net neutrality is being violated wholesale on wireless networks. No
>one is noticing much less complaining.  One top telecom rather
>pointedly calls it 'pay per site' tariff plan. see
 >http://www.tatadocomo.com/pay-per-site.aspx

That seems to be a "pay for volume of traffic" plan (eg 200MB for 10R's
- approx $0.20), which I thought we'd agreed was acceptable. [And about
a tenth of what you'd pay in Europe].

Although the normal rate is 2.5GB for 65R's, which is cheaper! Do they
block the listed sites if you are on the normal rate - I agree that
wouldn't be fair.
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org