[governance] IGF improvements and proposals for the programme of the 2011 meeting

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Thu Jan 13 02:06:42 EST 2011

I would like us to move towards preparing a submission about the
programme of the 2011 IGF meeting.  Simultaneously, we can discuss IGF
improvements, which if minor could go into that submission, but
otherwise can be input for our new CSTD working group on the IGF.

This is an exercise that we have, of course, gone through before.  So it
is useful for us to look at some previous submissions on the programme
of the IGF and on improvements, and see what we can simply rewrite and
reuse.  Here are relevant links:

PROGRAMME:

http://www.igcaucus.org/node/8 (Hyderabad)
http://www.igcaucus.org/node/5 (Sharm)
http://www.igcaucus.org/node/26 (Sharm)
http://www.igcaucus.org/node/32 (Sharm)
http://www.igcaucus.org/node/34 (Vilnius)

IMPROVEMENTS:

http://www.igcaucus.org/node/6 (funding, deeper discussion, WGs)
http://www.igcaucus.org/node/7 (format improvements, IGF as town-hall)
http://www.igcaucus.org/node/9 (MAG improvements)
http://www.igcaucus.org/node/30 (MAG, funding, intersessional work)
http://www.igcaucus.org/node/33 (MAG, outputs, intersessional work)
http://www.igcaucus.org/node/41 (MAG improvements, links from IGF)
http://www.igcaucus.org/node/45 (outputs, difficult issues, virtual IGF)

I would suggest that people go through these and pick out the highlights
that they would like to reiterate... as well, of course, as contributing
any new points in light of the changed landscape since last November.

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Project Coordinator

Empowering Tomorrow’s Consumers
CI World Congress, 3-6 May 2011, Hong Kong

Businesses, governments and civil society are invited to join consumer
groups from around the world for four days of debate and discussion on
the issues that matter most to consumers. Register now!
http://www.consumersinternational.org/congress

Twitter #CICongress

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless
necessary.