[governance] Phase 2 of improvements to the IGC Web site

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Sun Jan 9 08:18:17 EST 2011

In message <63F72B70-46B3-408B-AECA-528D3F484A00 at ciroap.org>, at
18:09:29 on Sun, 9 Jan 2011, Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy at ciroap.org> writes

>> Are we required to resubscribe to the list via the web interface or will current memberships remain in place?
>
>You don't have to if you don't want to vote, as it sounds like you don't.
>
>> May I also reiterate that (hopefully) voting does not become a prerequisite for membership of the IGC
>
>It is already a prerequisite of full membership.  But if you don't care about voting, then you get all the other privileges of membership, such
>as they are.

Trying to clarify (because I'm a bit confused)...

http://www.igcaucus.org/membership

... talks about "membership" and "list participants", whereas you use
the terms "full membership" and "membership". (For the same things, or
are they different)

As far as I can see the charter only says that you can go on the "voter
list" after two months of subscription to the list. The only thing which
voting then triggers is a listing as a "member-voter" published
alongside the electron results.

ps The website looks like a very good collaborative tool.
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org