[governance] Phase 2 of improvements to the IGC Web site

Don Cameron dg_cameron at bigpond.com
Sun Jan 9 06:09:12 EST 2011

> Then the charter would have to be amended to effect this.

Given I have expressed concerns in this area I will offer to participate in
a 'chart amendment working group' if others deem it necessary, however I do
not believe such is necessary as the current charter appears to provide
adequate coverage.

The charter defines a member as follows: "The members of the IGC are
individuals, acting in personal capacity, who subscribe to the charter of
the caucus. All members are equal and have the same rights and duties".

The charter further defines self modification (moves to change the charter)
as follows: "In amending the charter, everyone who voted in the previous
election will be deemed a member for amending the charter".

This certainly impacts on the right to vote for charter modifications,
however it otherwise has no impact on membership.

Don