[governance] Fwd: Contributions to the outcomes on the discussions on CSTD priority themes

Yrjö Länsipuro yrjo_lansipuro at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 7 16:22:38 EST 2011

Izumi,
These requests refer to the traditional  (since 1992) mandate of the CSTD, ie. science and technology for development in general. In 2005, WSIS gave the CSTD an additional, more specific  task:  to help the ECOSOC with the follow-up of the implementation of the outcomes of the WSIS.
I understand that  the IGC is mainly interested in the latter. The "traditional" CSTD themes, important as they are in themselves, are somewhat outside its immediate focus.
Wishing a successful 2011 to all,
Yrjö

     governance at lists.cpsr.org