[governance] New membership database: choose your own username

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Wed Jan 5 06:43:43 EST 2011

Don,

And thanks Jeremy.

First, Don, your and my gray hair is showing if we speak of 'PDAs' - which is so 90s - I am sure you meant to say 'tablets' as on display in abundance at CES this week. But point take,n whatever the form factor for 'mobile Internet devices' as Intel tried to get us all to call them a couple years back, they remain bandwidth constrained. Anyway.

Second, there had been advance discussion and I would say consensus on the need for upgrading list maintenance and the website,  which Jeremy had discussed on the list and there was general acceptance to. If one checks the archives. So I believe it was only a question of Jeremy not wishing to disturb everyone's holidays with a flood of messages, as he went about the work, and not anything more than that. Right Jeremy? : )

anyway, thanks Jeremy for taking the time over the holidays

Lee