[governance] New membership database: choose your own username

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Tue Jan 4 22:13:36 EST 2011

On 05/01/2011, at 2:37 AM, Fearghas McKay wrote:

> Please at least change the message to something other than "go away" - i.e. please come over here and register via the website. Life is to short to then start trying to guess the list's web page having been told I can't subscribe.

We can't do that where the list is currently hosted because of limited access to the server.  But the point is moot, because I've reversed the change that caused the message.  In the longer term, we need to look into raising some funds for our own virtual server, so that we can customise our mailing list and Web site more completely.

> However I do think the move is generally in the right direction.

Thanks.

> You can send information in the welcome mail asking people to visit the website to provide the extra information so that they can partake in all the new community features.

Yes, that's now what we have.

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Project Coordinator

Empowering Tomorrow’s Consumers
CI World Congress, 3-6 May 2011, Hong Kong
Businesses, governments and civil society are invited to join consumer groups from around the world
for four days of debate and discussion on the issues that matter most to consumers. Register now!
http://www.consumersinternational.org/congress
Twitter #CICongress

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org