[governance] New membership database: choose your own username

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 14:08:26 EST 2011

Jeremy,

I subscribed to this list via email. There are numerous scenarios, one is if
your website always has visibility, the reality is that it could be 2 or
three clicks away for a person to access it. I was on another site and it
made reference to some groups and I sent an email and hence my membership in
the Mailing List.

>From a consumer perspective, think of the consumer who is unfamiliar with
the world of Internet Governance and wishes to educate him or herself, yes
you can educate them via having an excellent website but you also need to
make membership hassle free and as easy as sending an email, I suppose.
Within the Welcome Message, you can include the website as part of the
welcome message so people can still have the option of whether they wish to
visit the website and you could invite them to bookmark the page.

Just a Thought.

Sala

--
Salanieta Tudrau Tamanikaiwaimaro