AW: [governance] at the WSIS Forum OC

David Allen David_Allen_AB63 at post.harvard.edu
Thu Feb 24 14:47:46 EST 2011

Marilyn Cade was onsite.  I report from a computer, remote.

Having now closed the browser window - and the materials from the
meeting not yet posted online, so not yet available longer term - I no
longer have the 'summary' that was put up on the 'live blog.'

The summary in that blog was not intended to be a transcript; it was
one person's excerpts during the meeting.  In fact, the statement was
as originally reported below, coming at the end of a longer
intervention.  The individual was introduced as presenting for the
Russian Federation, including also being introduced as such in the
blog 'summary.'

Accompanying, there were some sentences devoted to how 'resources
could be saved.'

There was a comment from a remote participant 'supporting the view of
the Russian Federation.'  Though, since there were several elements in
that Russian Federation presentation, it was unclear exactly what was
meant to be supported.

There were also a live comment to the effect of 'following up the
Russian Federation suggestion(s).'

Apparently there will be fairly voluminous materials put up post the
meeting - likely the video and audio also.  To find it:  the
intervention came soon before my time-and-date stamp below, in other
words a few minutes after 5 PM there.

As to the PleniPot, the informed summary I was fortunate to read
suggests that the outcomes in Guadalajara were the result of large
amounts of arm-twisting.  While some proposals there did not carry the
day, then, the sentiments and the intents remained bright, to be seen
going forward.  As this illustrates, and as surely will be seen,
ongoing.

David

     governance at lists.cpsr.org