[governance] Re: [goverance] Your support for a petition

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Mon Feb 21 12:40:35 EST 2011

I entirely agree on the free expression grounds, but recall that there
might be applications whose proposed TLDs might represent a perceived
conflict with a community or gov on identification grounds (eg, a
cultural heritage space etc). Recall also that 99% of the proposals will
be from business (with plenty of $$$ to go over the entire process and
take on the risks), and on the other side there might be a completely
underpowered community of local gov or...

I do not want to close the door on these possibilities.

frt rgds

--c,a,

     governance at lists.cpsr.org