[governance] below the societal usage layer

jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Mon Feb 7 03:45:05 EST 2011

At 03:15 07/02/2011, John Curran wrote:
>On Feb 5, 2011, at 8:06 PM, Karl Auerbach wrote:
>
> > I tend to think of IPv6 as being a separate internet that happens
> to share physical wiring.
>
>I've actually taken to describing it in terms of power outlets;
>we've effectively
>set forth on switching the entire Internet to use new plugs and
>outlets, and for a
>short time you're going to have to build houses (websites) with both
>types of outlets
>(address formats), so that users of either plug type (IPv4 or IPv6)
>can be happy.

John,

I think we should give more thinking at the way to turn this
situation as an advantage. A smart multi-plug could be a blessing for
this and other transitions and other services.

Civil society should not only complain and propose at the societal
usage layer, but also at the lower technical and human use layers
that condition them. It does not make sense to demand things and not
to care about their practical feasibility.

jfc

     governance at lists.cpsr.org