[governance] Could the U.S. shut down the internet?

Nyangkwe Agien Aaron nyangkweagien at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 12:09:36 EST 2011

Lee

I would not be surprised by such a move. The US has shown us so many
its faces these days.
The whole world is still to catch its breath since they watch Barack
Obama declared that a candidate for an African country's (Côte
d'Ivoire) presidential election has won the election when the
constitutional council (Supreme court) of that country has not yet
validated the results as it happens in the US. The said results were
read in a Hotel room through the instigation of US Ambassador to Côte
d"Ivoire, Phillip Carter 111 and that of France. Does the West
consider the ramification of such acts?

Obama and Hilary CLINTON then threatened to get international troops
impose their so called victor named Allasane Dramane Ouattara. It is a
shame that journalists shamelessly accompanied them (bama and Sarkozy)
in such brazen political banditry. I am a Cameroonian who followed
closedly the said elections.

By that act alone, Obama has help mudden the image that the US has in
Africa the more and no body listen's to him any.

I am one of those rare African Journalists to keep a copy of all his
speeches. I did not even bother to listen to his State of the Union
address this time around.

I will ne be surprised if he decides to shut down the Internet that
appears to be a great tool against Western Imperialism.n Thanks to the
Internet, mainstream western media cannot more intoxicate us any more.

Any way, Tim Lee still alive and will concoct another device to skip
that shut down.

Aaron

On 2/3/11, Lee W McKnight <lmcknigh at syr.edu> wrote:

> [...]

Aaron Agien Nyangkwe