[governance] Re: Why the unilateral US control over generic TLD is dangerous

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at internatif.org
Wed Feb 2 11:12:11 EST 2011

On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 12:26:07PM +0000,
 Roland Perry <roland at internetpolicyagency.com> wrote
 a message of 38 lines which said:

> I thought that's what a lot of people were trying to avoid (the
> capture of cyberspace by one intergovernmental body).

While at this time it is captured by one monogovernmental body.

> The place of business of registrants is usually quite independent
> from that of the registry

So what? The fact that the registrant was hosted in Spain did not
change anything here. Afilias/PIR yielded because they are US
corporations, whatever the place of business of the registrant is.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org