[governance] Ai Weiwei #Tax Evasion #Democracy #Internet #China

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 14:27:11 EST 2011

Dear All,

I was watching something on television and flipping channels and was
interested in the snippet on Ai Weiwei and his saga. What I found
interesting was how he was slapped with tax evasion allegations and charges
and forbidden from speaking to the press. What caught my attention was how
his only medium of speaking out was through the internet and that he had
supporters.

Apparently Ai Weiwei is known throughout China for speaking out in public
against the Government and seems to be attracting a following. I know this
has been around since June this year. I wonder though what has happened to
Ai Weiwei.

Kind Regards

--
Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala