[governance] A shame for the EC

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Mon Dec 19 09:21:10 EST 2011

Andrea Glorioso <andrea at digitalpolicy.it> wrote:

> For me the basic question is actually whether pursuing an answer
> to this question - which remains your right to ask, of course - will
> provide any added value to achieve the goals of this initiative which,
> I tend to believe, are shared by many people as worthy.

>From my personal perspective, the answers that you have given me
are good enough. (Thank you!) This is based on believing to know
you well enough to know that you know what you're talking about,
and that you wouldn't lie to me outrightly. (I probably wouldn't
have accepted these answers from any other EU official, so you
can consider this a personal compliment if you like. :-) )

> Having said that, if this discussion needs to be pursued, it would
> certainly help if it was kept at a level - in terms of form and substance -
> that facilitates discussion. During the press conference, a German
> journalist asked whether the appointment of zu Guttenberg meant
> that the new policy of the EU with regards to China was that we
> would now allow China to copy all of EU's intellectual property.
>
> How is one supposed to react to that?

That's so absurd that a single-word response of "no", perhaps with
a bit of laughter, would suffice, I think.

Greetings,
Norbert
     governance at lists.cpsr.org