[governance] Is really Bulgarian Cyrillic .бг (.bg) similar to other Latin ccTLDs?

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun Dec 18 09:07:09 EST 2011

On 16 Dec 2011, at 14:26, Imran Ahmed Shah wrote:

> Just to update about the revised version of ICANN's IDN ccTLD Fast Track:
> Still we were not able to draft or send letter to ccNSO and Board.

I apologize, I started working on a letter and then got bogged down in trying to find a convincing argument; they all make sense when argued here, but in terms of crafting a note to the Board that uses existing ICANN policy and process and is difficult to ignore, was the challenge.

Then I got distracted by other activities.  I keep thinking I need to get back to doing it, but haven't yet.  I keep telling myself next week, and then next week I don't.

Do people feel there is still a chance we can budge the ICANN  Board on this issue?

> ===========
> ...."Following the ICANN Board's approval on 8 December 2011 of the amendment to the IDN ccTLD Fast Track Process Implementation Plan,
> ICANN is providing this notice of publication for
> the Revised Implementation Plan.
> This amendment was considered following guidance received from the ccNSO during the ICANN meeting in Dakar, Senegal.
>

> Two versions are posted:
> 1) the revised IDN ccTLD Fast Track Process Implementation Plan (http://www.icann.org/en/topics/idn/fast-track/idn-cctld-implementation-plan-15dec11-en.pdf[PDF, 851 KB])
> and
> 2) a version that tracks the changes from the previous version (http://www.icann.org/en/topics/idn/fast-track/idn-cctld-implementation-plan-redline-15dec11-en.pdf[PDF, 902 KB]).
> The community should take note that the original version of the IDN ccTLD Fast Track Process Implementation Plan is now archived and superseded by the Revised Implementation Plan.
> Background

Does this change affect the Bulgarian issue at all?   I did not think so, since they were not saying it was the ASCII ccTLD for Bulgaria that was confusing.

It is good that the acknowledgement that reaching out to a linguistic expert should not be a rare occurrence, and perhaps that is relevant.

avri

     governance at lists.cpsr.org