[governance] WIPO Advisory Committee on Enforcement

Pranesh Prakash pranesh at cis-india.org
Thu Dec 1 09:38:19 EST 2011

Dear all,
This is a proposal by the Russian Federation in the Advisory Committee
on Enforcement at WIPO that has implications on Internet governance.
Would civil society organizations be in a position to oppose this via
their countries?  I'm speaking out against this right now in the
committee when NGOs are given a chance to speak.

> PROPOSAL FROM THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
> Submitted to the Secretariat on August 9, 2011
>
> The Federal Service for Intellectual Property (ROSPATENT) proposes the following issues for future consideration:
>
> 1. Online infringement of copyright and measures to combat it, especially when it comes to cross-border cases of infringement;
>
> 2. The impact of enforcement mechanisms adjusted in other countries in order to tackle piracy, especially in the field of P2P technologies;
>
> 3. Infringement of exclusive rights on objects of intellectual property in the Internet, in particular, problem of control of “parallel import”.

Regards,
Pranesh

--
Pranesh Prakash