[governance] Meeting report ECOSOC presentations

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Thu Aug 4 01:45:24 EDT 2011

Dear Baudouin

You are completely right to point this out. During WSIS civil society
had its own space for talking and planning, and this built our
confidence. In CSTD there is very little of that. Sometimes small groups
of CS people have discussions before sessions or during lunch, but it is
not consistent or well planned.  And added to this is that we also try
to liaise with business and the tech people as we have a common concern
with keeping the space open to non-governmental actors.

In the end we just don't work enough on strengthening CS participation.
 I would suggest we make this a goal for next year's CSTD. We should
have a pre-session face to face meeting of those in Geneva, and then
daily briefings as well.

One of the challenges that comes with MS participation is not losing
focus on organising and preparing within your sector.

Anriette

     governance at lists.cpsr.org