[governance] ECOSOC Follow Up

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Wed Aug 3 22:57:03 EDT 2011

On 03/08/11 23:33, Anriette Esterhuysen wrote:
>> CS could take the lead and to invite the governmental and
>> non-governmental members of the WG for an informal meeting to discuss
>> both procedural and substantial issues with regard to the future work
>> of the WG. We could certainly get a room for 50 or so people for two
>> or three hours on Day 3 or 4 and I am sure that more than 50 percent
>> of group-members will come to Nairobi. We should announce this in
>> advance and mark this as ad-hoc "Informal Multistakeholder
>> Consultations (IMC) on the Future of the UN CSTD IGF Improvement
>> Working Group".
> I like this idea. But should the meeting not be about IGF improvement,
> rather than about the CSTD working group? Workshops are good, but this
> can be more neutral. And it can also be a good idea for us get broader
> CS input.

I agree, it is a very good idea, and if focussed on the procedural
questions around the working group itself, it will also be an excellent
complement to our workshop.  We should ask the IGF Secretariat for a
room and a timeslot now, before it is too late.  Izumi, as a working
group member, would you have time to take the lead on this?

--

*Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Project Coordinator*

Consumers International (CI) is the world federation of consumer groups
that, working together with its members, serves as the only independent
and authoritative global voice for consumers. With over 220 member
organisations in 115 countries, we are building a powerful international
movement to help protect and empower consumers everywhere.
_www.consumersinternational.org <http://www.consumersinternational.org/>_
_Twitter @ConsumersInt <http://twitter.com/Consumers_Int>_

Read our email confidentiality notice
<http://www.consumersinternational.org/email-confidentiality>. Don't