[governance] Meeting report ECOSOC presentations

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Mon Aug 1 08:18:44 EDT 2011

In message
<CACpVkK16t5C4RZV8cUC3c3dp8+=jQoevim3xENEV6+783-afrg at mail.gmail.com>, at
08:04:01 on Mon, 1 Aug 2011, Marilia Maciel <mariliamaciel at gmail.com>
writes

 >>Have those bodies been refused entry to CSTD meetings, even with the
 >>current "exceptional" rules?
>
>Yes, they have. The organization where I work was created after WSIS.
>To attend last CSTD I was invited by the Brazilian government and went
>as part of the delegation, not as CS. This is an awkward and an
>unacceptable solution for CS

Thanks for the clarification. I was perhaps getting confused with other
forums where they seemed to ask for WSIS accreditation or "demonstrated
expertise".

One of the things which worries me slightly (and should be included in
Jeremy's survey of all forums perhaps) is the way in which CSTD has
signalled since 2007 an "understanding that, in the meantime, the said
organizations and entities will apply for consultative  status with the
Economic and Social Council".

Which is why I was asking if we expect 2015 to be the final postponement
for the "exceptional" admission, and everyone interested in continuing
with CSTD will have at long last made their applications to ECOSOC; or
alternatively is admission expected to be much easier for anyone.
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org