[governance] Re: Good contribution on IP addresses and Internet Governance

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Tue Apr 26 04:03:04 EDT 2011

In message <BANLkTi=S_WEvjmjoTSzAC0pWj=UAVunXUg at mail.gmail.com>, at
08:14:41 on Tue, 26 Apr 2011, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> writes

>It's only if you are a large (for the most part) corporate or ISP that
>you go to your RIR to satisfy your IP addressing needs.

Or if you are an organisation such as an IXP or perhaps a cctld
operator, that wants to be neutral and independent from a commercial
upstream.

I realise that some people would characterise such organisations as
ISPs, but that definition is often clouded by assumptions that ISPs need
to have "connectivity customers" in order to be differentiated from "end
users".
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org