[governance] Re: Good contribution on IP addresses and Internet Governance

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 00:35:19 EDT 2011

Thanks milton, i appreciate the feedback. Hower, what you dont
understand is the "what is going on now" has been going on for over a
decade. People have been trying to "sell" internet resources for a
very long time. Karl is correct, its the routing (largely based on
what is in irr that is important.. In terms of ig and the developing
world, this issue has flared up again in the african region yesterday.
Ironically, in africa, we have more v4 numbering resources than in
asia, us or eu left to give out. Should we sell them to corporate
america hoping to maximise revenue for the african rir and speed up v6
deployment, or hold on to these resources, allowing for a longer
transition to v6? If i wasnt in the bush, staring down rhinos
(literally), i could write a more nuanced description of these issues.
Rgds, mctim

On 4/22/11, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:
> This is a very ignorant statement and frankly it is out of touch with what
> is already happening.

Sent from my mobile device

Cheers,

McTim